Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: February 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Exploring madness

To: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Exploring madness
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 21:23:33 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I had a look at military going explorer.  I didn't see anything wrong
(just usual stupidities).  This is roughly what happens.

Player A builds few Horsemen planning to attack B's Warriors.  While the
Horsemen ride to the target, player B builds some Phalanx.  A's Horsemen
are not so keen anymore, they go exploring instead.

I do not think it's terribly pathological.  Maybe we can do some tuning to
fix it, like discourage long hikes for attack.  This might have a benefit
of making AI build more cities closer to the enemy.

If anybody sees any bug they can point their finger to, please do and let
me have a savegame.  I will come here during the weekend and try to do
some code.

Best wishes,