Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: ripped out active diplomats patch...

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: ripped out active diplomats patch...
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 17:38:52 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
>
> >       /* Check if we can achieve something... */
> >       if (punit->moves_left <= 0) {
> >         return; /* ... no */
> >       }
> >       if (real_distance_to_target(punit) == 1) {
> >         ai_unit_new_role(punit, AIUNIT_NONE, -1, -1);
> >         ai_diplomat_city(punit, ctarget);
> >       }
> > What if the role was DEFEND_HOME?
>
> What if? This code won't be used if so. Problem?

Do you mean that this code is not reached if the role is DEFEND_HOME, or
that ai_diplomat_city won't do anything in this case?

If you mean that it won't be reached, than you are wrong in the old code
(which I was talking about) and right in the present code, it seems.

I must go sleep now,
will check your new version tomorrow.