Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: ripped out active diplomats patch...

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: ripped out active diplomats patch...
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 21:20:04 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> I don't think I can say anything now, but I printed it out and will read
> and comment during the weekend I hope.
>
> One question: in ai_diplomat_city, you have
> if (pplayer->ai.control) {
> gold_avail -= est.upkeep
> }
>
> later you also (effectively) subtract upkeep.
>
> Is this intended? How you picture the situation when pplayer is not
> under AI control?

No, this was not intentional. It may have a positive effect, however,
since ai.est_upkeep is a small value, usually, and not having the AI bleed
itself completely dry is a good thing.

> Also, in my trial runs I saw diplomat stepping onto a square occupied by
> an enemy _without_ converting the enemy.Also, on another occasion,
> Alpine stepped onto a square with enemy cravan without destroying it.
>
> It might not be related to diplomats though, but please check.
>
> I couldn't reproduce it :(

I don't think this is related. This is likely to be connected to the
recent civserver core report I saw where this had happened - if you have
compiled with DEBUG defined (--enable-debug=yes) then if you end turn with
mixed stacks (non-allied), the game will core.

We really need to nail this bug.