Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Slimmer Corecleaups

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Slimmer Corecleaups
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 18:46:07 -0700 (PDT)

These are my patches taken from Ross's Corecleanup series 13. I've removed all
dependencies on other code in Ross's cleanups, and I am sending in only those
parts of the corecleanups that affect the AI.

What I did:

Remove any deps that prevent his AI changes from compiling against current CVS
Make the patches in smaller chunks

This patch only affects advdomestic.c. It contains both cleanups and behaviour
changes.

Ross: I will remove any parts of your corecleanups that I do not like in my
series of patches. If you wish to control what your patches look like when they
get into CVS, take over from me.

I will not touch any other part of Ross's corecleanups. I do not understand a
great deal of it, so help would be appreciated.

These patches have had no TESTING. I haven't even been able to compile due to
autogen.sh problems. So if someone on this list would like to run autogames I
would be happy. Note: This patch does introduce behaviour change. It's a mix of
cleanup and changes that should stop the AI changing its build order so often.

I've made no improvements on the original code.

Aloha,
RK.

One day the King decided that he would force all his subjects to tell
the truth.  A gallows was erected in front of the city gates.  A herald
announced, "Whoever would enter the city must first answer the truth to
a question which will be put to him."  Nasrudin was first in line.  The
captain of the guard asked him, "Where are you going?  Tell the truth
-- the alternative is death by hanging."  "I am going," said Nasrudin,
"to be hanged on that gallows."  "I don't believe you."  "Very well, if
I have told a lie, then hang me!" "But that would make it the truth!"
"Exactly," said Nasrudin, "your truth."