Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2003:
[aclug-L] IDE Cable..Re: Re: Dead Motherboard?

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] IDE Cable..Re: Re: Dead Motherboard?
From: "David Carmichael" <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:09:11 -0600

I really hate to have to purchase a new cable...

But does some one here have an extra IDE cable that is at about 14" from the
Motherboard connector to the next connector and than standard spacing from
there to the last connector... A standard cable seems to be spaced 12" and
then 6" for a total of 18" in legnth..

Due to changes in spacing of the PCI/AGP slots my second IDE card is now one
PCI slot farther away and my current cables are just "=======" about that
much too short...  !!!!

UGG!!

--David