Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: mysql and XF86Config

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: mysql and XF86Config
From: Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:19:28 -0500

Nate Bargmann wrote:

>* bruce bales <bbales@xxxxxxx> [2003 Aug 13 16:19 -0500]:
>

>>Thanks, Jeff,
>>This whole exercize started because I wanted to understand XF86Config
>>and what XF86Config-4 was.  Xconfigurator might work fine, but it
>>wouldn't help me understand how the system uses the files.
>>bruce

Actually it would.

You could try different settings and save the files from each then look
and see what the differences are so you would have an idea what changes
are made with each choice.

Also, XF86Config is  well documented (commented) so you can tell what
each section does and compare the effects.