Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2003:
[aclug-L] Widescreen Laptops & Linux.

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Widescreen Laptops & Linux.
From: Noah Romer <klevin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 13 Aug 2003 15:37:01 -0500

Has anyone here run Linux on a widescreen laptop? I recently got access
to a Compaq Presario X1000 (15.4" widescreen). Windows runs the screen
at 1280x800 resolution, but I haven't been able to get XFree86 to use
that resolution (the screen's not in any XFree config db's that I've
found). The closest I've gotten it is 1280x960 (told the config tool on
Mandrake that it was someother Compaq LCD). The LCD doesn't seem to have
a problem running at that resolution, but, as you might suspect,
everything's compressed vertically.

I'd hoped to be able to ask on Monday night, but life intervened (as is
usual).
--
Noah Romer          |"Listen, I'm a politician which means I'm a cheat and
klevin@xxxxxxxxxx   |a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing