Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2003:
[aclug-L] mysql and XF86Config

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] mysql and XF86Config
From: bruce bales <bbales@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:10:06 -0500

Thanks for all the help I got at last night's meeting.  Took only a few
minutes to get mysqld running.  Tried rebooting and it started up
itself.  Now to learn how to use it.

Still working with XF86Config - removing all the 'mode' lines gave me
only a blank screen. Copied the file back and changed the driver from
svga to sis and the machine couldn't find it.  In
/usr/src/linux-2.4.7-10/drivers/video/sis/,  there are six or eight
files with .c and .h extensions - I suppose these have something to do
with it.  I'll have to do some studying to figure out what to do next.

Thanks again,
bruce