Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: volunteers

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: volunteers
From: Clint Brubakken <cabrubak@xxxxxxx>
Date: 08 Feb 2002 16:46:18 -0600

Not out of the box, because by default users have only a user name,
password and roles assigned to them.

There is a product I use called extensible User Folder that extends this
and adds properties to a user, it also has a membership component which
allows users to signup, change there password etc.

It also can authenticate from a database, so we could use sql methods to
search users.

There is a extension to zope called cmf (content management framework)
that seems to do what we want for our website:
 it takes advantage of zope's built-in features to deploy portals, it
allows members to participate in the process of providing content