Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: volunteers

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: volunteers
From: Clint Brubakken <cabrubak@xxxxxxx>
Date: 08 Feb 2002 15:14:09 -0600

I disagree with that.

As its already written in Zope, we can extend and change it, with out
rewriting the whole thing.

Another advantage is the I know several of the commitee, already know
zope and as there already involved in working with ACLUG I would think
they would also help with the website, and can help teach others.

Also ACLUG has  books in the library about Zope and Web Programming in
Python

And a completly biased opinion, is that I know and like zope.

I don't know much about OpenACS so I can't argue its merits vs Zope, but
I can tell you things I like about zope.

Everything can be done through the web (TTW) or via ftp.

It has built in user permissions and roles and different access levels,
and a built in authentication system.

It has several prebuilt products, including wiki's.

and the people in the #zope channel on openprojects are actually helpful