Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Voodoo & Linux 'OpenGL' 3D Graphics

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Voodoo & Linux 'OpenGL' 3D Graphics
From: Randy Reames <randy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 10:51:19 -0600

12/30/2001 9:46:43 AM, David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I would not call the Voodoo-2 a fancy video card... it is
now close to
>three-to-five years old.. some of the newer video cards are
what I would
>call fancy! They get so hot and run so fast that they need
their own cooling
>fans.. The ATI-Radeon<PCI> that I picked up a few weeks ago
even has its own
>cooling fan and the card is basically two years old! The
newer versions are
>two head, dual monitor, multi-plane, DVD hardware decoding,
ect...

>The good side of most of these newer cards are they come
with Linux
>3D/OpenGL drivers (and support) out of the box......

Oh, ok. Well its fancier than mine. 8)

>'Oh' why I started to reply in the first place was.. I have
been trying for
>a number of hours to reach the web site 'Linuxlookup' from
your link and
>keep getting DNS errors, did a trace route and it has been
failing on me
>some place out west...
>
>--David

Mmm, crazy. Well keep trying I guess. I copied the link from
the site. Google may have it cached. Did you have a look
linuxgames.com?

Good luck and keep trying.

Randy

--
Randy Reames  randy@xxxxxxxxxx   www.reames.org
Web Master    GNU/Linux User     Consultant