Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Voodoo & Linux 'OpenGL' 3D Graphics

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Voodoo & Linux 'OpenGL' 3D Graphics
From: Randy Reames <randy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 20:35:34 -0600

12/29/2001 6:26:11 PM, David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Bruce & Randy
>
>Would you guys please double check on the Voodoo2 support
in RedHat 7.2

>If it has built-in support for this card I will reformat
and start again
>with RedHat 7.2
>
>--David

Actually I am not for sure. I never really got into fancy 3D
video cards much. I am not a gamer. I don't even run X on my
Debian box and RedHat works fine with the Matrox card. But I
did a quick look at google.com/linux and came across this:
http://www.linuxlookup.com/html/guides/3dfx.html it may be
of some help, I think linuxgames.com has some linux/3D info,
also check out the XFree86.org site. Its not really so much
the distro as which version of XFree86 it comes with. Full
support "right out of the box" for fancy cards is pretty
rare but with some reading and a little work you should be
able to get it working.

I just looked at linuxgames.com and it talks on the front
page about the Voodoo cards.

Randy
--
Randy Reames  randy@xxxxxxxxxx   www.reames.org
Web Master    GNU/Linux User     Consultant