Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Voodoo & Linux 'OpenGL' 3D Graphics

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Voodoo & Linux 'OpenGL' 3D Graphics
From: Bruce Bales <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 18:09:57 -0600

David,
http://www.linuxvoodoo.com/drivers/cards/video/3dfx/voodoo2.html
claims to have linux drivers for this card.  RedHat 7.2 has XFree86 -4.1 and
Glide3, so I believe this driver would work with it.

I agree with Randy on Mandrake vs. RedHat - If you want to use Mandrake, buy
another board.
bruce

David Carmichael wrote:

> Are you telling me that both RedHat and  Debian support Voodoo2 & OpenGL out
> of the package??  Which is strange, because all the web info that I have run
> across states that no package supports the Voodoo2 and older 3D video cards
> "UNLESS" the manufacturer had written Linux 3D drivers, which few have.
>
> So being a 'Linux Dummy' who every install he has tried to date had ran into
> hardware issues.... how do I start to change/edit the 'X86' config file??
>
> --David

Actually, it's quite difficult to persuade people
that you are bombing them for their own good.
                       ---Molly Ivins