Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Question: CD-R/RW Media Types

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Question: CD-R/RW Media Types
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 09:55:43 -0600

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 09:19:13AM -0600, David Carmichael wrote:

> OK I have seen CD-R media marked "MUSIC"
>
> Is this just an advertising ploy (like the $0.55 VHS tapes that have a title
> of  SUPER TAPE) or is there a difference in the media itself?

I'm not sure, but I have had CD-Rs that work fine for data not work
well at all for music. So far my best experience all around has been
with 80min, 700MB High Performance, High Density, CD-Rs from PNY
Technologies. I got a 50 pack some time a go on a buy one get one free
and they work well. I'm pretty sure you can still get them at Best
Buy. They have more of a silver color to them, which I think I heard
once is better for music.