Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Reverse the Aging Process 10-20 Years!

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Reverse the Aging Process 10-20 Years!
From: james l <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:31:45 -0600

I am thinking about sending the following message to the next spam I get, and
then following the policy, comments?

James L

I recieved spam from you. If I recieve another, I will take actions which
will be very annoying to you, and perfectly legal. One item I am thinking of
doing to spammers is creating a half megabyte file with the word REMOVE in
the body. If you have a slow connection, this will lead to an excruciatingly
long time to download (1.2 minutes at optimum 56K conditions, and given that
most connections are much slower say 3-10K per second, it would take 6-22
minutes), and may also cause you to lose mail if you have mail quotas. This
is your only warning, repeated offences will lead to sending 2^(N-1) 500KB
messages. I asume no responsibility for any disruption to your mail, and any
trouble it causes you, as you have caused disruption of my mail, and troubled
me.
Sincerly, James Lancaster
If you are recieving this message in error, simply make sure you don't send
me spam (and I read the source of mails, so don't try to hide behind another
e-mail account.)