Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Quake2 woes...

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Quake2 woes...
From: Greg House <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 23:22:30 -0600

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> did the files get corrupted durring the downloaded.
> i show
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root     39015499 Feb  5 01:01
> quake2.exe
> and
> -rw-rw-r--   1 phrostie phrostie  6008133 Feb  5 08:49
> quake2-3.20-6.i386.rpm
>
> what are your file sizes?

Apparently that was my problem. My RPM file was a different size from your's. I
downloaded it from ftp.cdrom.com this time (I think I used a different mirror
last time), wiped my previous installation and installed this one and it works
fine. The X windows version doesn't work, but I don't really care about that.

Now to get the 2nd machine on my little network set up for a little friendly
blasting!

Thanks a bunch, Keith!

Greg