Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Quake2 woes...

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Quake2 woes...
From: Greg House <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 23:49:31 -0600

On Sat, 05 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> At 2/3/00 11:01 PM , Greg House wrote:
> > [...snip...]
> > Any ideas on what's wrong now?
>
> You know, it just occured to me that i haven't ran quake/q2 (under linux)
> since i was using libc5 based slackware about two years ago. I just
> downloaded squake and glquake and now i'm getting segfaults too (using
> RedHat 6.1).
>
> I'll try taking a closer look tonight and see what i can figure out.

Cool, thanks.  I'm running a Mandrake 6.0 distribution, if that matters.

> BTW: to clarify my earlier post, which probably doesn't matter now. I
> meant to say run `ldd` to see what's not being found. Then run `locate` on
> those libs to find their directory and then put _that_ into `ld.so.conf`.
> Sorry for the confusion. :-)  (quake.x11 kinda blows IMHO anyway)

Gotcha. I did that and...it found the two missing libraries ( libX11.so.6  &
libXext.so.6) in /usr/X11R6/lib/, which is IN /etc/ld.so.conf (the first line).
What's up with that? Not that I'm dying to play quake.x11, but I'm curious at
this point.

Greg