Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] traveling with a laptop computer

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] traveling with a laptop computer
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 01:01:13 -0600

My apologies for being slightly off-topic:

Has anyone taken a laptop on a commercial airliner? I'm curious about two
things:

1) Do you put it through the X-ray machine or have the security people look
at it (to determine that it isn't a bomb or weapon)? Will putting it
through the X-ray machine hurt anything?

2) Do airlines allow you to use your computer while in flight?

I have a flight this weekend, and wanted to know what I would be getting
into if I take it with me.

Thanks,
John