Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Road Runner

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Road Runner
From: bert <bert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 02:54:52 -0600

Wayne White wrote:

> I am currently IPmasqerading my home network over the dial up
> connection. Will the switch to RR require any changes in the
> network machhines to continue IPmasqing? Any changes required
> of the linux machine, other than a second NIC, to keep the
> network IPmasqing?

the best link i've found for road runner is
http://people.qualcomm.com/karn/rr/index.html

i especially like mr. karn's link for advanced users only
http://people.qualcomm.com/karn/rr/encap.html

(not strictly RR)
>From: Tom Hull  <4.61 Netscape>
>One problem I have (not strictly RR) is that I'm using Netscape's
>mail program, which remembers my password for getting mail
>(via pop-server), but I can't figure out how to get it to
>remember my password for sending mail (via smtp-server).

>From: Bruce Bales <4.7 Netscape>
>I have the same problem - have to enter an 11 character password to
send
>mail. I believe this wasn't true with Netscape 4.5, but is with 4.7.
Are
>we all using Netscape 4.7?

have you tried
communicator, tools, security info, passwords, change passwords?
just enter your password here

good luck