Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Setting up Quake 2 in Linux and other questions

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Setting up Quake 2 in Linux and other questions
From: "Patrick R. Klee" <drwho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 01:23:36 -0600

HAHA!!  Well, I successfully got Quake 1 and the two Quake mission packs
to run in X and full screen and will present them at the meeting, I am,
however having problems getting Q2 setup, I wanted to get it running,
but when I read the HOW TO, and did exactly what it told me it said
directory not found.  I think it has something to do with the RPM.
Anyway, does anyone want me to talk about any other games?  I can cover
Quake 1 and the Mission Packs in probably 30 minutes to an hour.  Maybe,
XPilot, or FreeCiv, I have two weeks, and I think I am ready to present
Quake 1.  Help is appriciated.

Patrick