Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] logging onto a MS NT LAN w/ Linux

To: "'aclug-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] logging onto a MS NT LAN w/ Linux
From: Veracom <ncozzens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 08:45:59 +0300

I want to connect my RedHat 6.0 laptop to an NT LAN.  I'm very familiar
with networking Microsoft stuff.  Will I be able to get at the things that
other Microsoft boxes are sharing out?

When you logon to this LAN from a Microsoft box and the "Logon to an NT
sever" box is checked, it runs a login script that installs or updates the
virus definitions for Norton AntiVirus.  Is this going to affect me when I
login with my Linux laptop?

I'd like to be able to get my e-mail from the Microsoft Exchange Server.
 How can I do that?  I've been accessing my e-mail from my ISP's POP3
through whatever Microsoft box I happen to be using.  I think it's the MS
Exchange Server that's doing this for me though.  Or is it the proxy
server?  What do I need to do to be able to access my ISP's POP3 through
this LAN when I'm using my Linux laptop?

Nate