Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] timezone (Re: Re: Help with Windows paritition.)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] timezone (Re: Re: Help with Windows paritition.)
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 07:10:39 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, gLaNDix wrote:

> hey, we all gotta start somewhere!  : ^ )  i started w/ RH5.1, and
> now am using Debian 2.1 almost as well as (if not better than)
> RedHat (except for my dang printer (HELP!) and time zone setting
> (DOUBLE HELP! : ^ ) ...

I haven't seen Debian, but I changed the timezone on my redhat machine
just yesterday.  ln -s /usr/local/lib/something to /etc/timezone.
ls -l /etc/timezone now to see where it points, then pick the right
file from there.  Best to pick a posix format like 'EST-7'.

-jeff
--
Windows 95: n.
  32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an