Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Moving Harddrives Between Computers + Linux on Compaq

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Moving Harddrives Between Computers + Linux on Compaq
From: "David Carmichael" <dec29111@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 13:22:36 -0500

phrostie -

I sort of wished that I could.. but so much current hardware uses device
drivers and there are not currently LINUX device drivers for the same
hardware it kind of limits ones use of the computer unless they use Windows
in one form or another.

I use to be a big supporter of the operating system GEOS/GeoWORKS that first
ran on the CommadorC64/128 and then on the PC and it would run great on a
486 system with less than 66mhz and 16mg, but it would crash with memory
errors on any thing faster or greater memory.

DECarmichael