Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
RE: [aclug-L] Feist ISP...

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [aclug-L] Feist ISP...
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:43:45 -0500 (CDT)

> All of my troubles have been traced to the 'FEIST' 'trunk' with the help of
> "SWB". (I was driving them crazy as 'SWB' to the point that they were
> stopping by just to make sure that everything was fine!)
>
> I find it funny that your friend was having troubles with the 56K 'Cardinal'
> modem [unless they had the 'WIN' modem version] as in PC Magazine it won a
> number of tests beating even the 'USR' modems being sold at the same time
> (about three years ago)... shoot I may be wrong but I think that you
> purchased from me my older 33.6 USR modem? When I upgraded

Keep in mind, however, that while Cardinal may have made excellent modems
at one time (this is something probably subject for debate, but for the
moment, we'll suppose that they made excellent modems), Cardinal no longer
exists.  Their hardware is no longer being developed or supported.  They
are no longer releasing firmware updates.

USR is still in existance (although now owned by 3com), and their firmware
IS being updated constantly.

  Jonathan Hall  *  jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx  *  PGP public key available
 Systems Admin, Future Internet Services; Goessel, KS * (316) 367-2487
         http://www.futureks.net  *  PGP Key ID: FE 00 FD 51
         -=  Running Debian GNU/Linux 2.0, kernel 2.0.36  =-