Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
RE: [aclug-L] Problem with ISP...

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [aclug-L] Problem with ISP...
From: "David Carmichael" <dec29111@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 15:45:11 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: aclug-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:aclug-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Patrick Klee
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 1999 5:16 PM
To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Problem with ISP...

Hey guys,
    I switched to SouthWind and need to get my old account with Feist off of the mailing list for you are all probable getting error messages.  I went to Texas, and next thing I know someone had my password.  Let me give you some advice..

Patrick -

It is not going to make a bit of difference at this time because a few months ago BOTH Southwind and Feist Internet were sold to a company named 'One Main Street'.

At this time the two are acting as two different companies but shortly will be joined as one.
Any new subscribers will be given a Southwind address, but from what I have read in the Feist Support Email Group that soon the modem pools will be joined and all users of the two services will have a 'DOT.OneMainSt.Com' address.........

Also if you were paying 'Feist' to change your logon password it was because you did not know how to do it online, they have a web page that allows users to change their logon password.  I have used it many times and never once got charged.

Also I personally have found that close to 90% of the 'Stolen Passwords' were family members or friends using autologon on the members computer.

The other 10% were people that 'GOT SOME ONE' (AKA: hackerz) mad at the user in question.

Now don't get me wrong I am personally very 'PO'ed at the lack of support that I have received from Feist for the past 12 months, and I have been a user of their system since the days of 'Future Net' (1995). I have had Southwestern Bell prove to them that it was their hardware causing my connection troubles.... And it has gotten really bad over the last few weeks where ONLY one day did I not get knocked offline or have poor connection speed ranging from 21K -> 48K and at other times get great connection speeds of 52 > 56K.

As soon as SWB can sell their ASDL service in the Wichita area I will be changing ISP's!
>> I have been told that they are waiting for a shipment of user installed hardware so that they can install the service??<<

David E Carmichael