Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Thanks for the tip, and another question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Thanks for the tip, and another question
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 03:40:29 -0500

Jeff wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, Michael Holmes wrote:
>
> > When I try to configure my modem, I am getting device conflict
> > allocating 3e8(comm2)  I have tried all three open ports, all the
> > same.  My /proc/ports, /proc/dma, /proc/int are all null files.
> > Nothing at all, other than a name.
>
> When you do an 'ls -l' on them, they show 0 size, but if you
> 'cat /proc/interrupts', they'll show the info. (If they don't,
> something is broken -- kernel compiled for virtual filesystem?)
>
> -jeff
> --
> I was part of that strange race of people aptly described as spending their
> lives doing things they detest to make money they don't want to buy things
> they don't need to impress people they dislike. -- Emile Henry Gauvreay

thanks;
I got it configured.  I realized that if it is below one block, it would show
zero.  My conflict was the kernel was allocating  ttyS0-3 then running isapnp.
/* re: isapnp HOW-TO  */  My solution was to use jumpers.  Those are those
things we old dos people used to use when computers were lucrative and easy!
I am getting too old for this sometimes.

Mike