Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Thanks for the tip, and another question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Thanks for the tip, and another question
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 13:10:17 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, Michael Holmes wrote:

> When I try to configure my modem, I am getting device conflict
> allocating 3e8(comm2)  I have tried all three open ports, all the
> same.  My /proc/ports, /proc/dma, /proc/int are all null files.
> Nothing at all, other than a name.

When you do an 'ls -l' on them, they show 0 size, but if you
'cat /proc/interrupts', they'll show the info. (If they don't,
something is broken -- kernel compiled for virtual filesystem?)

-jeff
--
I was part of that strange race of people aptly described as spending their
lives doing things they detest to make money they don't want to buy things