Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
[aclug-L] Cheap

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Cheap
From: "David Carmichael" <dec29111@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 10:41:08 -0500

I have found the following items that help me compute...

(1) Looking for a under desk CPU stand... why pay $30 for a cheap plastic
one.. I found at K-Mart a nice item that works just as well and is made from
metal.. Purchase a 'File Cabinet' castor frame, lay a piece of peg board
across the bottom.. you can set two CPU's side by side or cut the frame so
that it only holds one.

(2) Looking to add remote control lighting to your home.. you can bid on a
basic X-10 kit at Egghead Auctions and most likely get the kit delivered to
your door for less than $20... and a number of programmers have Linux
version of the ActiveHome software...

--David