Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
[aclug-L] Thanks for the tip, and another question

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Thanks for the tip, and another question
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 00:55:52 -0500

I have fought with my Linux and sound card ever since I installed my new
motherboard.  Unplugging the voice modem and running the sound config did
the magic.  Thank you !!!

When I try to configure my modem, I am getting device conflict allocating
3e8(comm2)  I have tried all three open ports, all the same.  My
/proc/ports, /proc/dma, /proc/int are all null files.  Nothing at all,
other than a name.

mike