Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Thanks for the tip, and another question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Thanks for the tip, and another question
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:13:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Michael Holmes wrote:

> > When you do an 'ls -l' on them, they show 0 size, but if you
> > 'cat /proc/interrupts', they'll show the info. (If they don't,
> > something is broken -- kernel compiled for virtual filesystem?)
>
> thanks;
> I got it configured.  I realized that if it is below one block, it
> would show zero.

Really? These 0-size files are just special to /proc ...
everything else will show the size -- they may actually take a full
block, but you don't care.

> My solution was to use jumpers.  Those are those things we old dos
> people used to use when computers were lucrative and easy! I am
> getting too old for this sometimes.

Agree, agree, agree, ditto ditto ditto.

-jeff
--
Vice President Al Gore plans to formally announce his bid for the
presidency on June 16. What do you think about Gore running in 2000?