Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
RE: [aclug-L] Two questions...

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [aclug-L] Two questions...
From: "David Carmichael" <dec29111@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 03:41:41 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: aclug-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:aclug-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Michael Holmes
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 1999 11:53 PM
To: 'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'

I have yet to get my
sound card fixed.  I will let an expert address that one.

Mike -

About your sound card... the following was happening to me till I pulled the
modem and ran the sndconfig program...

My modem while not P-N-P, was a voice modem that had its own Wave driver and
the sndconfig program would see this wave device and try to assign it for
the sound card... the wave sounds were playing... just not out the sound
card.. but the phones handset.

I pulled the modem and ran sndconfig and then reinstalled the modem and
everything (hardware settings that is)is now running just fine

--David