Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
RE: [aclug-L] File System Space Error?

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [aclug-L] File System Space Error?
From: "Clint A. Brubakken" <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:03:23 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, David Carmichael wrote:

> Since I am using Grome as my user interface and the error is happening in
> the user interface how do I type in the "DF" command that you request.. Do I
> use the Terminal...

Gnome is a nice interface, but it has its limitations, for serious work
you need the command line, and have to type commands, because gnome
doesn't always have a button to do what you want.

And coming from a windows world, reinstalling seems liek the right idea,
but it rarely is. You core problem is probably caused by one broken
program, which won't affect the rest of the machine (besides sometimes
even the best programs have a bug and will dump core rarely. Just delete
it and restart it (or better yet send in a bug report))

--
Clint Brubakken
Computer Science Services Group, LLC