Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
[aclug-L] Two questions...

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Two questions...
From: Patrick Klee <drwho@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 17:09:42 -0500

Hi,
    Someone told me to look into the HOWTOs on compiling the kernal.
I have the latest version, but can't find the HOWTO directory, can
someone tell me the general location of the HOWTOs on RedHat 5.2.
Another problem I found, was I don't have sound, even though a probe
detected my soundcard, could I tweak the kernal before compiling so it
might have sound after compiling the new kernal?

Cheers,
Patrick

P.S.  Is the next meeting Monday July 30th?  Just curious, I haven't
been able to make it, I have been working like crazy trying to find a
computer job, but it's hard when you don't have a degree :-)