Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
[aclug-L] FW: High Technology comes down to Earth

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] FW: High Technology comes down to Earth
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 00:07:57 -0500

I'm from Kentucky and this is right down my alley.  I saw this and had to pass
it on!!

Technology for Country Folk....(High Technology comes down to Earth)

1.  LOG ON:  Makin a wood stove hotter.
2.  LOG OFF:  Don't add no more wood.
3.  MONITOR:  Keepin an eye on the wood stove.
4.  DOWNLOAD:  Gettin the farwood off the truk.
5.  MEGA HERTZ:  When yer not keerful gettin the farwood.
6.  FLOPPY DISC:  Whatcha git from tryin to carry too
                  much farwood.
7.  RAM:  That thar thing whut splits the farwood.
8.  HARD DRIVE:  Gettin home in the winter time.
9.  PROMPT:  Whut the mail ain't in the winter time.
10. WINDOWS:  Whut to shut wen it's cold outside.
11. SCREEN:  Whut to shut wen it's blak fly season.
12. BYTE:  Whut them dang flys do.
13. CHIP:  Munchies fer the TV.
14. MICRO CHIP:  Whut's in the bottom of the munchie bag.
15. MODEM:  Whut cha did to the hay fields.
16. DOT MATRIX:  Old Dan Matrix's wife.
17. LAP TOP:  Whar the kitty sleeps.
18. KEYBOARD:  Whar ya hang the dang truk'n'trakter keys.
19. SOFTWARE:  Them dang plastic forks and knifs.
20. MOUSE:  Whut eats the grain in the barn.
21. MAINFRAME: Whut holds up the barn roof.
22. PORT:  Fancy Flatlander wine
23. ENTER:  Highfalutin' talk fer "C'mon in y'all"
24. RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY:  Wen ya cain't 'member whut ya
                           paid fer the rifle when yore wife asks.
25. MOUSE PAD:  That hippie talk fer the rat hole.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~My add-ons!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   26. FILE:  Whut ya sharpen th' mower blades with
   27. BOOT UP:  Whutcha best do, before ya go out to th' stables.
   28. PASSWORD:  Whutcha hav to 'member, to get into Lem's poker
                  game.
   29. SEARCH ENGINE:  When ya know dang well you just had them
                     pliers in yer hand, a titenin' that fan belt.
   30. BROWSER:  That ole burned-out bird dog of Luke's, that cain't
                 hunt anymore.
   31. DOMAIN NAMES:  Whut them rich doctors 'n'lawyers call their
                      home places,like "Sunny Acres","Tall Oaks" and
                      "Green Gables" and other high-falutin' names .