Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Scanner Tips...

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Scanner Tips...
From: "Jeffrey L. Hansen" <jhansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 21:59:37 -0600

Yeah, UMAX. Thanks. I'm at work and couldn't just look at the nameplate. As for the scanner, I've had it for about a year and my kids use it to death without a glitch. It comes with an interface card that has a PnP jumper that was off. I had some problems getting it going so I put the jumper on. BIOS then found the card but the scanner wouldn't work. It turns out that the system is not supposed to detect the card. I would have been fine to just follow the instructions. :-/ Anyway, I can't tell you how well it works under LINUX but it's great in Win9x. The really neat thing is that the price is still the same. Makes me feel like I got a good deal for a change.

jeff