Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Eterm

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Eterm
From: "Jeffrey L. Hansen" <jhansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 22:01:54 -0600

Geeze, Greg. What client are you using for e-mail? This whole document came up grey in eudora. :-/

jeff

At 09:49 PM 4/3/99 -0500, you wrote:

i thought that Eterm used your X backgroundto make
the term window appear clear. what i get look cool
but is differnet than my back ground.

is there a way to change this

Ok, I poked around a little and found an answer for you.  It's
a little easier if you're running Enlightenment as your WM, but
still possible if you aren't.

The option is -O or --trans, but it'll only work if you use Enlightenment
or if you use Esetroot to set your background pixmap.  You can also set it
up in your MAIN file.  See the example theme called "trans".  There's a lot
of good information on the eterm homepage (www.eterm.org).

Greg