Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] ppp, again

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] ppp, again
From: "Jeffrey L. Hansen" <jhansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 22:45:05 -0600

Try using Minicom set to a port speed of 9600.  Does the modem respond
to AT at that speed?  Is minicom set to the proper serial port?
I ran Minicom but it never returned a response from the modem. I was thinking about loading DOS to run the setup program for it to verify/set the port. With PnP it might be defaulting to one port just to sent to another by winnders. I've run usernet on all four ports but it never gives me a green indication. I set up the communications again using the document from the ACLUG site but it still doesn't work. When I set the link to the ttySn values manually it gets reset to the cuan values by netcfg. I'm not sure if I'm goofing around with incompatible versions and shooting myself in the foot or what. I'll try the suggestions you made and also try yanking the sound card (that's my big suspicion at the moment since it's a Sound Blaster AWE64 and doesn't work with the Linux native drivers). I'll post the results tomorrow, hopefully - it might take me a couple of days, though to get through the process.

Thanks for your suggestions, John.

jeff