Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] ppp, again

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] ppp, again
From: "Jeffrey L. Hansen" <jhansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 15:07:43 -0600

Okay, Jeff1, here's the latest. I made the link to ttyS1 but it still didn't care. I started minicom but couldn't get an "OK" back no matter what I typed. I tried to init the modem with the speaker vol up, but can't ever hear any noise. I'm sure I hear the relay clicking at times, though. I'm tempted to just wipe the installation, put DOS back on and run the setup so I can set the parameters and know for sure where the settings are. I set it up in windows to run on com2 with no volume, but can't be sure those settings remain as default unless set by the software. This is really annoying.

Any more wisdom?

Jeff2