Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] cut and paste (gpm)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] cut and paste (gpm)
From: j m wagle <jmwagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 01:59:57 -0600

Thanks Jesse:

While waiting for the new kernel to download I did some reading,
switched my mouse button to "PC" (from MS), changed my 'protocol' to
"mousesystems" and now I have 'cut and paste' capabilities......

I appreciate the help, but notice, I still use /dev/cua0 but my book
(Linux Undercover) says: "... almost the same as the ttyS ones, but
their use is now discouraged"  should I try to change this?

thanks in advance.
mike wagle, wichita

Jesse Kaufman wrote:

> this is what mine says...  i'm not sure if you have the same thing or not...
> mine's
> an IntelliMouse PS/2 mouse (as seen below)...
>
> Section "Pointer"
>    Protocol        "IMPS/2"
>    Device          "/dev/mouse"
>    Resolution      100