Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] cut and paste (gpm)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] cut and paste (gpm)
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 24 Mar 1999 22:58:38 -0600

Hello Mike,

If you have a 3-button mouse and X recognizes all three buttons, then
to do a copy-and-paste operation:

1. Highlight the text you wish to copy by dragging with the left
   mouse button.
2. Move the pointer to where you want it to be inserted
3. Click the middle button once

There is no need to explicitly tell it to copy; this is done automatically.

FYI, gpm actually is for the console (not X) only, so it doesn't apply
here.

Hope this helps!

-- John