Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
RE: [aclug-L] Newbie Partitioning Questions

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [aclug-L] Newbie Partitioning Questions
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 03:09:23 -0600

That is exactly what happened to me, I had left the LINUX install (after
4hrs) got home, and booted up the computer.  It went to windows, as I
forgot to put in my diskette (my hd was too large to put lilo in, so I boot
from diskette, until I can get a newer motherboard).  While loading, it pop
up, "detected new equipment) {MY LINUX DRIVE}  "Formatting......."  Before
I could do squat, there went the LINUX Fat table.  Even turning off the
computer did not save it, because the first thing MS did was go straight
for the Juggler!!

mike