Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] How do I download RedHat?

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] How do I download RedHat?
From: Karl Juhnke <fritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 15:07:28 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Cory T. Lamb wrote:

> I would suggest reading the redhat-cd mini howto located at
> http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/
>
> This details everything I think you need to know.  It works really
> slick...

Excellent! This is exactly the type of FAQ I was looking for, except...

Except that the instructions refer you to the mirror RPM and to XCDroast,
which means that I can't use those instructions unless I already have
Linux installed, which I don't.

I want to burn the CD from a Windows system.  Is that impossible?  Do the
symbolic links doom me?  This is a purely academic question, as I am ready
to borrow the disks from you or Matt or buy them from CheapBytes or come
to an ACLUG meeting and buy them or or or, BUT I am still curious.  Is it
impossible for a Windows user to pull himself up by his bootstraps?

> If that doesn't work for you I have CDs you can borrow, but I'm
> from Newton so this might not be really handy for ya.

Heh, I'm from Newton too.  In fact, we've played frisbee together on the
Bethel College green if I'm not mistaken.  ;-)

Peace,
-Fritz
a.k.a. Karl Juhnke