Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Flame bait... (distribution question)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Flame bait... (distribution question)
From: phrostie <phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 17:24:22 -0600

my old pht2.0 got modes that redhat5.2 won't let me do.
but it works.

i think i still have the config file some where.

phrostie

jeffrey.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I was going to order 5.2 even though there wasn't much change (reportedly)
over 5.1 because some of the bugs were supposed to have been fixed (the
holdover config utils that don't work in the new kernel, etc.).  It just
seems, though, that with the immenent release of the new kernel that it
would be money wasted.  It is tempting to try 5.2 just for grins.  I'm not
sure why my monitor should complain about resolutions I'm using in Win95,
but I'm sure it's my malfunction, not RedHat's.  Call it faith and
experience.  :-)

phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on 03/10/99 04:16:17 PM

Please respond to aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx