Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] redhat 5.1

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] redhat 5.1
From: jeffrey.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:52:23 -0500

I suppose it's possible that the floppy could be ailing, but it works okay
otherwise (I've heard that the installation of Linux is really intensive on
the floppy, so it's possible that it could work fine everywhere else).  I
tried the original boot floppy and it;'s the one giving me the problems.  I
took the same floppy and it goes into the install process on my SCSI
machine at home and the one at work.  I still haven't had the time to try
it on one that uses only IDE.  It would be just my luck to have problems
with that tomorrow.  Maybe I should take the one out of my main box and
bring it along just in case.  Maybe also I'll wind up buying a new
distribution.  Will there be any advantage to bringing Debian 2.0 with me
for anyone else?  I bought both but I think I prefer RedHat due to the
support options.

Jeff

ka0rny@xxxxxxxxxx on 02/26/99 05:52:07 AM

Please respond to aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx