Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
[aclug-L] redhat 5.1

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] redhat 5.1
From: jeffrey.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 21:18:22 -0500

Did I see something on the RedHat site that implied there was a problem
with the installation disk on IDE systems?  I'm using the boot disk that I
used to install the system on my main machine and it boots fine on another
SCSI based system, but I get a screenfull of secret code stuff and it gorks
out when I try to install it on my IDE system (MyComp motherboard, Pentium
P5-133, Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 (S3 Virge)).  Is there anyone with a
similar experience?  I'm going to take this box to the install on Saturday,
but thought I'd shake out any hardware SNAFU's beforehand.  I was looking
through the patches on the RedHat site and saw something about IDE
problems, but I'm not sure it's a general problem.  Any help?

Jeff