Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] Installing on a crusty old machine

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Installing on a crusty old machine
From: "Greg House" <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 22:35:32 -0600

Thanks to all who answered this one, some great suggestions!  The rest of
the network isn't up at this point and I'm still missing some key parts, so
an NFS install probably isn't an option right now, but the possibility of
moving the hard drive, that's definitely doable.   I never thought about
that.  Don't know why either, since I just installed Linux on a hard drive
from another system attached to a different system temporarily...  Getting
forgetful in my old age.

That's definitely going to be the easiest solution.  In fact, I have a new
system I'm getting ready to start building which I could easily put that
drive in to get things up and running.

Thanks!!
Greg