Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] Installing on a crusty old machine

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Installing on a crusty old machine
From: Bob Deep <bobd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 10:02:13 -0600

Worst case, you could just take your hard drive to another machine,
install linux on it there (Including lilo on the MBR and such) then just
put the drive into the old box and it will boot just fine... (If you
build a kernel, be sure to build it for a 386!).

Once you get linux up and your nic working... the rest is a peice of
cake with ftp..

-= bob =-