Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] Info Request

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Info Request
From: Jeremy S Johnstone <jsjohnst@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 08:25:37 -0500 (CDT)

USB is still way off for linux but it supports a theoretical 127 devices
with 12mb bandwith. I personanly have designed a device that uses the
parallel port. It can read up to about 10 devices on each parallel port
and since the parallel port does not capture the irq you can put multiple
paralllel ports on the same irq as long as the io's are different.