Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] Info Request

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Info Request
From: "Michael S. Bainum" <kodiakm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 00:32:11 -0500

Name:Mike Bainum

First version of Linux used (kernal version):
2.0.34

First release used (distribution):
RH 5.0

Favorite release:
RH 5.1 - Only distribution used so far.

Current version and release:
RH 5.1 2.0.35

Most used Linux machine specs:
AMD K6-233 (overclocked to 83 x 3 = 250mhz), Shuttle HOT-603, 128mb PC100
SDRAM, 2.5gb WD Caviar, SB16, 21" Hitachi Monitor

Projects you have worked on / developed for Linux:
None so far, Just hitting the learning curve real hard for now.

Your Linux "specialties":
Bragging to all the people running micro$oft about how long my machine is up
without a crash!!

Favorite Linux site:
Several-Freshmeat, Slashdot, ftp.redhat.com

Current needs/interest for Linux:
I am an old dos user (apple II series era) so I would like to learn to use
the command line first.  Hopefully doing so will make me actually learn linux
from the gound up so to speak.

Ideas for Linux improvement:
If 'World Domination' is to be achieved then I believe that Linux will have
to imitate Winblows in one way.  That would be the ease of installation,
setup, program install, and daily use.  Unfortunantly the majority of people
using a computer do not have the time or inclination to tackle Linux as it is
now.  This really isn't an idea so much as an observation.