Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] help on PPP

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] help on PPP
From: "Jesse Kaufman" <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 18:08:04 -0700

kewl, thanks a lot!  i REALLY appreciate this service!  i'm glad there's a
user group so close...otherwise, i'd be bugging my friend james a lot more
than i already am!  : ^ )

>That's OK; it would be silly for me to presume that Debian is the best
>for everyone.  Different people have different needs and different
>distributions cater to those particular needs.  I can always tell you
>how to do things in the generic Linux way (editing config files, using
>command-line tools) but I can't help with any higher-level config
>tools except with Debian, since I really don't have the experience
>with those higher-level tools in other dists to be of a whole lot of
>use.

actually, i've never even had the chance to try debian... a friend told me
redhat is the way to go, and he's a lot smarter in cpu's than i am, so i
believed him... i do like it better than caldera, atleast... easier
installl!  : ^ )